ENTRY FORM (pdf)
1. Contestants should be able to perform from memory any two of the 32 Beethoven Piano Sonatas in their entirety (all movements). Contestants must be ages 16 to 36 inclusive as of May 18, 2013. Sonatas to be performed at the semi-finals and finals MUST be the same sonatas submitted on the audition CDs. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Contestants must submit three copies of an unedited CD of his/her performance of two complete Beethoven sonatas. CDs should be completely labeled. Submit only the sonatas, not an entire recital program. Please omit repeats on entry CDs.
3. Contestants must include with the CD a non-refundable fee of $50.00. CDs will not be returned.
4. In addition to the CD, contestants must send in the accompanying entry form and a current resume (2 copies each).
5. CDs will be reviewed by a panel of judges who will select 12 semi-finalists to compete in Memphis on May 18-19, 2013. Four alternates will also be selected. All entrants will be notified by April 18, 2013, of the selection of semi-finalists and alternates.
6. Upon notification, each semi-finalist will then pay the remainder of the $100 entry fee ($50) to be eligible for the May 18 semifinals. The $50 check must be postmarked by May 1. Should a semi-finalist be unable to compete an alternate will be selected.
7. The 12 semi-finalists will perform from memory their choice of the two sonatas for a panel of adjudicators on Saturday, May 18 beginning at 9:30 a.m. The contest will be open, so the contestant will be performing before an audience. Six finalists will perform the second sonata before the judges and a live audience on Sunday, May 19, at 2:00 p.m. after which the awards will be presented.The decisions of the judges is final. Contestants must agree to the contest rules and guidelines.
8. This year’s competition will be held Tuthill Recital Hall at Rhodes College, Memphis, Tennessee.
9. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE POSTMARKED BY MARCH 1, 2013. (Please do not send entries by registered mail requiring a signature because frequently there is no one in the office during business hours.)
For further information write firstname.lastname@example.org or call 901-493-0958.